Sunday, February 16, 2014

My Missionary Son

My son is serving a mission in Montevideo, Uruguay.  I am so grateful that I get to write to him on Sunday evenings via email.  It would be so hard to have to wait 2 weeks to a month to hear from him via snail mail.  Technology is such a blessing in our lives if we learn to use it for appropriate things.  I'm also grateful for Skype!! It was so awesome to get to see him when we talked on Christmas Day. I love technology


Skyping with Daniel in Uruguay
!!

3 comments:

  1. I agree! I love being able to email my missionary sister. Technology and media can be such a huge blessing in our lives. The world seems smaller since communication is so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great how the Church allows missionary to Skype home now. That changed after I served. It definitely is great both as a missionary and a family member supporting a missionary to have easy access to communication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's remarkable how quickly the church adopts technology as well. I cam home from my mission in DC a year ago, and our records were strictly on paper, and teaching was in person, on the phone, or on mormon.org chat. Now my mission has ipads to keep track of records, and missionaries can teach via skype! The gospel really will reach all corners of the earth with technology being used this way.

    ReplyDelete