Sunday, February 9, 2014

FaceTime - a new way to use it.

When I was living in New Mexico my granddaughter, who lived in Utah,  FaceTimed me to get my help.  She was only 5 years old and she couldn't find a card that she had received from a birthday party.  Everyone in the house was busy because her parents had company and so rather than ask them for help she FaceTimed me.  She carried the IPad around with her as I talked with her about places she had been.  She held it up so I could look on top of the dresser then under the bed, in the bathroom, up in the play room etc.  We finally found it and she was so happy!  About that time her mother asked her what she was doing and she told her, "Nana just helped me find my card." That brought a laugh from everyone in the room because Nana in New Mexico helped find the card.

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest thing! I love how technology can bring families together... especially in unexpected ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this post! Up 'til this class, I've had a pretty "most media has no really good use" kind of mentality, and I really like hearing real-life examples of why the new media about is useful and good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete