Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Son

My son turned 20 today.   He is currently serving a mission in Uruguay. I thought today about what life was like when I turned 20 and especially about the changes in the media over the past 34 years....a lot of good.....a lot of bad.  When I was 20 I was single and in college with much of life ahead.  Most of what I hoped for in a family has happened for me and I couldn't feel more blessed. As children came into my family I became more and more aware of the effects of the world on them and I realized that I had to become much more involved in what was happening around me. I wanted to be a voice for good and to "stand for truth and righteousness" I soon realized that I could do that without having to run for office and without even leaving home.  Even though I have been a leader of many organizations, I never felt like I had to be a leader in government to let my voice be heard.  We have more power and influence than we sometimes realize.  Let your voice be heard!!!


My son Elder Lacey

1 comment: